Environment Artist - UE4
Montpellier, France / Remote
Type of Job
About the job
As an Environment Artist, you will have a lot of autonomy and freedom to establish your vision both artistically and technically. We are looking for someone who combines great artistic sense with a deep knowledge of technical methods to achieve visual excellence inside Unreal Engine. You will have the opportunity to go wild and create grandiose environments mixing fantasy and reality in a realistic style.
- Craft beautiful believable realistic fantasy environments together with the Art Director and the Level Designer to ensure the visual and design coherence of our levels.
- Collaborate with the narrative team to tell stories through the environments (environmental storytelling).
- Proactively propose new ideas to the artistic team to create mesmerizing levels.
- You have a passion for environment creation and thrive on making crazy artistic visions come to life inside the engine.
- You have a keen eye for details. You want your environments to be believable.
- You can create both urban and natural environments.
- You are curious and always on the look out for state of the art technology that allows you to improve the quality of your environments.
- You are fluent in Unreal Engine 4. The level creation tools (foliage, landscape...) have no secrets for you and you can create an environment from start to finish.
- You are able to create well optimized assets (modeling / retopology / texturing / shading) to be placed inside UE4.
- You are excited about Unreal Engine 5 as much as we are.
- You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona that's even better).
- While remote work is possible, you would ideally be able to relocate to Montpellier, France when the Covid situation allows it (note: you need to be able to communicate in English, speaking French is not required).
- Being proficient in procedural content creation is a plus.
- Proven portfolio of excellent 3D environment work.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
- Experience on a AAA is welcomed but not required. A great portfolio can make up for it.
At Sandfall, we want to set up a safe work environment, fostering diversity and inclusiveness.
Sandfall Interactive is a new studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are a fun and ambitious bunch, focusing on premium games for PC and next gen consoles as these are the games we love the most, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to start this journey with us.
The first game we are working on is Project W, an ambitious 3D third-person turn-based jRPG-inspired game with a realistic western art style. The game is planned to release on Unreal Engine 5.