Game Tester Intern
Type of Job
About the job
You will be part of the Game Design team. As such, you will take an integral part in the game’s content creation and balancing by constantly testing/breaking the game, providing feedback as well as suggestions for improvements.
- Getting to know every facet of the game by testing everything about it.
- Analyzing features and content to provide meaningful feedback to the Game Design team.
- Delving into balancing spreadsheets and game formulas to help fine tune combat and progression metrics.
- Brainstorming with Game Designers and assessing new ideas.
- Reporting bugs, investigating reproduction steps, prioritizing and following up on their resolution
- You are organized, you know how to structure your thoughts and communicate them to others.
- You have a good understanding of what makes a game fun and what level of quality players expect. As a player, you know how to recognize and describe good Game Design. You are curious about lots of video games genres. You love JRPGs like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona, or other turn-based games.
- You are rigorous and are not afraid to work with numbers or complex formulas.
- Experience with Google Sheets/Excel formulas, knowing Notion and/or Jira is a plus.
- You already worked on a video game project, as Game Designer, Producer or QA Tester (student projects are OK)
- Or you have a scientific background (Maths, Physics, Statistics, Programming for example)
PRACTICAL INFO :
- 6 month paid internship, 900€ gross / month
- Language Requirements: Fluency in both English and French is a must.
- Start Date: The position is expected to begin in January 2024.
- Offices: Our offices are near the city centre of Montpellier, in a big house with a beautiful private garden.
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, based in the sunny city of Montpellier and with additional offices in Paris.
We are creating premium games for PC and new-gen consoles, and are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to join us on this exciting journey.
Our current project, Project W, is a 3D turn-based RPG with a captivating blend of fantasy and Belle Époque art style, powered by Unreal Engine 5 and recipient of an Epic MegaGrant. The game is published by Kepler Interactive.
At Sandfall Interactive, we are dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusivity in our workplace culture.