Gameplay & UI Programmer (UE5)
Type of Job
About the job
As Gameplay & UI Programmer, you’ll work in Unreal Engine to build robust and smart gameplay features, including UI. You’ll work both in blueprints and C++. Your features, tools and UI setups must be easy to use for the rest of the dev team, and deliver great experience to players. You’ll work closely with our CTO and the programming team, Game Designers, technical UI artist, and the whole team.
Your detailed tasks are:
- Create, improve, debug and maintain core gameplay features: 3Cs, progression systems, battle systems... We are making an RPG, so we rely on lots of different features that have to coexist and interact one with another
- Work closely with our technical UI artist to integrate those features in UI
- Build intuitive and powerful systems towards non-programmers, so they can easily create and debug content
- Make tech reviews of blueprints, data setups or prototypes made by the dev team (eg: skill scripts, enemy behaviors)
- Support the CTO on technical subjects (optimization, bugfix, processes, tools...)
- You are proficient in C++ and with Visual Studio debugging tools
- You are super proficient with Unreal Engine blueprints and widget blueprints, or used to visual scripting systems and a fast learner
- Knowledge of the CommonUI framework is a plus
- You are rigorous, you write clean code, in both C++ and visual scripting, and can set up a clean architecture.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a plus
- You can provide good end-user experience insights: how to make features efficient and logical for the player, and easy to use for the dev team. You have good UX insights for games and RPGs.
- You’re able to teach the team how to use your features, and to communicate closely with them. You can write clear documentation and guides towards non-programmers.
- 3 years of professional experience required as Gameplay or UI Programmer
- Compensation: The salary range will depend on your experience and the specific position you are applying for.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in both English and French is a must.
- Start Date: The position is expected to begin asap in 2024
- Offices: Our offices are near the city centre of Montpellier, in a big house with a beautiful private garden.
- Full time position
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, based in the sunny city of Montpellier and with additional offices in Paris.
We are creating premium games for PC and new-gen consoles, and are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to join us on this exciting journey.
Our current project, Project W, is a 3D turn-based RPG with a captivating blend of fantasy and Belle Époque art style, powered by Unreal Engine 5 and recipient of an Epic MegaGrant. The game is published by Kepler Interactive.
At Sandfall Interactive, we are dedicated to fostering diversity and inclusivity in our workplace culture.