Type of Job
Permanent Contract / Full Time
About the job
As Lead Producer, you will manage the production of Project W and work closely with the team to organize and monitor the creation of the game. Your role is to set-up and enhance project management methods to help the team perform at their best.
- Translate the game’s vision into detailed roadmap, work documents, milestone schedule, challenge the scope when necessary
- Monitor the project management tool (Jira) and documentation tool (Notion), complete tasks and estimates, update the backlog, empower the team on using these methods with autonomy
- Prepare and organize the development sprints and lead the different meetings (sprint planning, sprint review, stand ups)
- Organize tasks reviews and QA, in collaboration with the COO and the QA testers (internal and/or external)
- Raise alerts on production flaws, anticipate the team’s workload, improve project management methods
The job description can be discussed depending on your experience and talent. Your input will be precious to discuss the whole production organization. You’ll have the opportunity to manage interns and/or a QA Lead if needed, and to work closely with ou publisher as well.
- You have strong communication skills, both in presenting to an audience and in small group or one-to-one interactions ; spoken and written. You know how to make information flow in a company so everyone knows what are the priorities, and feel part of a common project.
- You have well-proven organization skills, are proficient in Jira and Notion - or a very fast learner. You have long-time experience with Excel spreadsheets - and love it.
- You have a good sense of how video game making works, can anticipate risks and caveats, and above all have a good instinct to make the best decisions quickly. You know how to analyze every problem you meet, and create plans for short-term corrections and long-term prevention from the problem occurring again.
You already have a minimum of 2 years experience as Producer or Product Manager - including shipping a game or a tech/software product.
- You’re ideally willing to work in Montpellier, France. Sandfall offices are located near the city center, in a hub with 5 other companies, all working in entertainment! We’re also open to full remote positions.
- You need to be fluent in English, speaking French is a plus.
- Salary depending on experience
- Position starting in Autumn 2022
- Some words about you
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D turn-based RPG with a fantasy & ‘Belle Époque’ art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5 and is recipient of an Epic MegaGrant.
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.