Type of Job
Permanent Contract / Full Time
About the job
As Level Designer, you will design the game’s playable levels and integrate their gameplay content. Your goal is to give players outstanding exploration sensations, in a realistic semi-open 3D world.
- Design level intentions, maps, blockouts, test them with care, work with the team to make them great
- Monitor and review the level creation, hand in hand with the Art Director and Environment Artists. Maintain older levels playable and adapt them to changes.
- Integrate content and create game scripts in environments (place enemies, NPCs, GPEs…)
- Work with the Creative Director and Game Designers to bring innovative ideas and methodology to Level Design and Exploration
- You have a deep understanding of level design and what makes a level fun to play, especially on single player games. You can establish a vision and guide the team towards it.
- You have strong communication skills to work with the Environment Artists and the rest of the team.
- You like to immerse yourself into stories and translate the narrative intentions into playable levels.
- You love 3D RPGs, exploration or action games (if you like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona it's even better).
- Previous experience on 3D titles is a big plus. Strong student or personal projects can make up for it
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- You’re willing to work in Montpellier, France. Sandfall offices are located near the city center, in a hub with 5 other companies, all working in entertainment!
- You need to be fluent in English, speaking French is a plus.
- Salary range depending on experience and position.
- Position starting in Autumn 2022
- Some words about you
- Depending on job: Portfolio/website/Github...
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D turn-based RPG with a fantasy & ‘Belle Époque’ art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5 and is recipient of an Epic MegaGrant.
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.