Lighting Artist (UE5)
Type of Job
Permanent or Fixed-Term Contract / Full Time / Freelance possible / Open to remote
About the job
As Lighting Artist, you’ll be in charge of the lighting in all levels and cutscenes of the game. You’ll have a lot of creative freedom and will work closely with the environment team to give levels and characters top quality lightings, and render their work in the most beautiful way.
- Working with Level Designers, Artists and Programmers to create lighting moods and effects for static, dynamic and animated environments, cut scenes, characters, etc.
- Work on the Artistic Vision of the game in order to create outstanding visuals and unique environments
- Optimize your lighting settings and use at best what UE5’s Lumen can offer.
- Create skyboxes and other geometry based lighting assets (sun shafts, glows, flares, etc).
- Support of the environment team on various tasks, depending on your skills
- You are fluent in Unreal Engine. You are curious and always on the look out for state of the art technology that allows you to improve the quality of your lightings.
- You have a passion for game visuals and lightings and thrive on making crazy artistic visions come to life inside the engine. You have a keen eye for details. You want your lightings to be believable.
- You know how to empower the Level Design with efficient lighting effects.
- You love 3D RPGs, exploration or action games (if you like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona it's even better).
- At least 2 years experience, including work on 3D titles
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience as senior is a plus. A great portfolio or projects can make up for it
- You’re ideally willing to work in Montpellier, France. Sandfall offices are located near the city center, in a hub with 5 other companies, all working in entertainment! We’re also open to full remote positions.
- You need to be able to communicate in English, speaking French is a plus.
- Salary range depending on experience and position.
- Position starting in Autumn 2022.
- Some words about you
- Depending on job: Portfolio/website/Github...
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D turn-based RPG with a fantasy & ‘Belle Époque’ art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5 and is recipient of an Epic MegaGrant.
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.