Montpellier, France / Remote
Type of Job
Permanent Contract / Full Time
About the job
As Narrative Designer, your role will be to translate the intricate story of our game into a game experience. You will work closely with the Creative Direction and the Writer to make sure the narrative intentions are well translated in the game in many ways: dialogs, environmental storytelling, cutscenes, collectibles description... You will be a key part of the team in delivering our ambitious story.
- Write dialogue and additional game text.
- Collaborate with the level design group to define the fantasy emotional goals of an experience. Develop a narrative flow that supports these goals.
- Make layout, gameplay mechanics, and pacing suggestions to strengthen the fantasy and emotional goals of the experience.
- Work with all subject areas of game development to enhance the narrative (e.g. environmental storytelling).
- Process feedback and work with the Creative Direction / Writer to iterate on dialogue, characters, and moments throughout the game.
- Implement and refine basic voiceover lines / script using game and localization tools.
- Participate in the voice acting direction
- You are proficient in using Unreal Engine 5. You can implement dialogues and texts yourself using blueprints made by the programmer.
- You have a sharp eye for what's good dialog and pacing. You can write dialogs yourself.
- You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona it's even better)
- Experience writing dialogue in game or localization tools.
- Experience working in UE5.
- Ideally have worked on one shipped title.
- You’re ideally willing to work in Montpellier, France. Sandfall offices are located near the city center, in a hub with 5 other companies, all working in entertainment! We’re also open to full remote positions.
- Your English is native / bilingual. Speaking French is a plus but not necessary.
- Salary range depending on experience and position.
- Position starting in Autumn 2022.
- Some words about you
- Depending on job: Portfolio/website/Github...
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D turn-based RPG with a fantasy & ‘Belle Époque’ art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5 and is recipient of an Epic MegaGrant.
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.