Senior Environment Artist (UE5)
Type of Job
Permanent or Fixed-Term Contract / Location Montpellier
About the job
As Environment Artist, your role will be to create grandiose fantasy environments in a realistic style.
We are looking for someone who combines great artistic sense with a deep knowledge of technical methods to achieve visual excellence inside Unreal Engine.
We’re implementing Unreal Engine 5 latest features (Nanite, Lumen, VSM…) to achieve outstanding quality on this project’s environments.
- Craft beautiful, believable and realistic fantasy environments together with the Art Director and the Level Designers to ensure the visual and design coherence of our levels. This includes props modelling, setdressing, optimization.
- Collaborate with the narrative team to tell stories through the environments (environmental storytelling). Propose new ideas to the artistic team to create mesmerizing levels.
- Lighting skills are a big plus.
- You have a passion for environment creation and thrive on making crazy artistic visions come to life inside the engine. You can create both urban and natural environments. You have a keen eye for details. You want your environments to be believable.
- You are curious and always on the look out for state of the art technology that allows you to improve the quality of your environments.
- You are fluent in Unreal Engine. The level creation tools (foliage, landscape...) have no secrets for you and you can create an environment from start to finish. Skills in lighting are a big plus.
- You are able to create well optimized assets (modeling / retopology / texturing / shading) to be placed inside UE.
- Being proficient in procedural content creation is a plus.
- You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona that's even better).
- Proven portfolio of excellent 3D environment work.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Content Creation Pipelines (Maya, Max, Photoshop, Substance, etc.).
- 2+ years of previous experience on 3D video games projects.
- You’re willing to work in Montpellier, France. Sandfall offices are located near the city center, in a hub with 5 other companies, all working in entertainment!
- You speak fluent French and/or English.
- Salary range depending on experience and position.
- Position starting in Spring / Summer 2023.
- Some words about you
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D turn-based RPG with a fantasy & ‘Belle Époque’ art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5 and is recipient of an Epic MegaGrant.
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.