Technical 3D Animator
Type of Job
Permanent or Fixed-Term Contract / Location Montpellier or Paris
About the job
As a Technical Animator, you will have a lot of autonomy and freedom to establish your technical vision for the animations of Project W. We are looking for someone who is able to create AAA quality pipelines, tools and rigs for animation.
- Create AAA quality rigs for the characters and creatures of the game.
- Setup high quality animation blueprints inside Unreal.
- Setup all the characters and monsters in UE5 (physics, rig...)
- Work with the game director to establish the best animation pipelines, including keyframe, mocap and facial animations (we are doing the mocap in-house with either Vicon for cutscenes or Xsens for gameplay).
- You have a deep understanding of human anatomy and have a pronounced artistic vision when it comes to technical animation.
- You are fluent in Blender/Maya/3DS Max and are able to produce your own rigs and import them into Unreal Engine.
- You are curious and always look out for new tech to improve the quality and efficiency of your animation workflow.
- You are able comfortable working with AnimBP and physics inside UE.
- Experience with the new control rig system of UE5 is a strong plus.
- Experience with creating animations directly in Unreal is a strong plus.
- You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona it's even better).
- You are able to relocate to Montpellier, France (note: you need to be fluent in English, speaking French is not required).
- Proven portfolio of AAA quality technical animations setup
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
- A previous experience on a shipped AAA title is appreciated but not required. A great portfolio can make up for it.
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D turn-based RPG with a fantasy & ‘Belle Époque’ art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5 and is recipient of an Epic MegaGrant.
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.