3D Character Animator
Type of Job
Permanent or Fixed-Term Contract / Full Time / Location Montpellier or Paris
About the job
As Animator, you will have a lot of autonomy and freedom to establish your vision both artistically and technically. We are looking for someone who is able to create AAA quality animations for humans and creatures. We have state of the art pipelines and tools, including an Xsens suit and AAA facial mocap solutions!
- Create AAA quality animations for our characters and creatures for gameplay. Your creative input will drive the animation style direction. You’ll be in position to propose new animations for the various character & enemy skills in the game.
- Work with our Technical Artist to set up the best workflow to create animations.
- Monitor mocap sessions, clean up the mocap data and enhance it to fit the artistic vision.
- Ensure the quality of the facial animations recorded with mocap, clean up when necessary.
- You have a deep understanding of human anatomy and have a pronounced artistic vision when it comes to animation.
- You are fluent in Blender / Maya / 3DS Max and are able to produce your own animation and import them into Unreal Engine.
- You are curious and always look out for new tech to improve the quality and efficiency of your animation workflow.
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus (new control rig system of UE5, experience with creating animations directly in Unreal, character technical setup)
- Rigging/skinning skills are a plus.
- Proven portfolio of AAA quality animations including various styles : stylized and realistic.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
- A previous experience on a shipped AAA title is appreciated but not required. A great portfolio can make up for it.
- You’re willing to work in Montpellier, France. Sandfall offices are located near the city center, in a hub with 5 other companies, all working in entertainment!
- You speak fluent French and/or English.
- Salary range depending on experience and position.
- Some words about you
- Depending on job: Portfolio/website/Github...
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D turn-based RPG with a fantasy & ‘Belle Époque’ art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5 and is recipient of an Epic MegaGrant.
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.