3D Character Animator
Type of Job
Full Time / Remote work possible
About the job
As an Animator, you will have a lot of autonomy and freedom to establish your vision both artistically and technically. We are looking for someone who is able to create AAA quality animations for humans and creatures. We have state of the art pipelines and tools, including an Xsens suit and AAA facial mocap solutions!
* Create AAA quality animations for our characters and creatures. Your creative input is greatly appreciated and you will be encouraged to propose new animations for the various skills in the game.
* Work with our Technical Artist to set up the best workflow to create animations
* Organize mocap sessions with the Producer and clean up the mocap data afterwards (we are doing the mocap in-house with Rokoko suits).
* Ensure the quality of the facial animations recorded through mocap and clean up when necessary
Skills Required :
* You have a deep understanding of human anatomy and have a pronounced artistic vision when it comes to animation.
* You are fluent in Blender / Maya / 3DS Max and are able to produce your own animation and import them into Unreal Engine 4.
* You are curious and always look out for new tech to improve the quality and efficiency of your animation workflow.
* You are able to produce animations in different style, realistic and stylized.
* You know how to clean up mocap data for body and face.
* Experience with the new control rig system of UE4.26 is a plus.
* You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona it's even better).
* You are able to relocate to Montpellier, France (note : you need to be fluent in English, speaking French is not required).
* Proven portfolio of AAA quality animations
* Experience with Unreal Engine 4
* A previous experience on a shipped AAA title is appreciated but not required. A great portfolio can make up for it.
You are ideally able to relocate to Montpellier, France (note : you need to be fluent in English, speaking French is not required).
Sandfall offices are just near the city center.
We are in a hub with 5 other companies working in the image & sound industry!
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are a fun and ambitious bunch, focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D third-person turn-based JRPG-inspired game with a realistic fantasy art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5.
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.