Cinematic Artist (UE5)
Type of Job
Permanent or Fixed-Term Contract / Full Time / Freelance possible
About the job
As Cinematic Artist, your role will be to realize cutscenes of the game. We are looking for someone who is able to create high quality cut scenes, with a keen eye and a good sense of staging.
- Use Unreal Engine's Sequencer to create high quality cutscenes, using the game’s different assets, environments, characters, animations lightings of VFX.
- Contribute to motion capture sessions with actors, prepare the artistic and staging vision with the Creative Direction in order to have all the animation data you’ll imagine for your cut scenes.
- Communicate and work with other artists to create the best cinematic shots possible.
- Support the creation and integration of narrative elements into the game (scripted events, special camera moves...).
- You have experience in making cutscenes with Unreal Engine Sequencer tool.
- You know how to film a story or a dialogue to make it look good.
- You know the theory of film making and how to apply it in practice.
- You are curious and always look out for new tech to improve the quality and efficiency of your animation workflow.
- You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona it's even better).
- Proven portfolio of cutscenes/movies made in Unreal Engine
- Previous experience on a 3D video game
- You’re willing to work in Montpellier, France. Sandfall offices are located near the city center, in a hub with 5 other companies, all working in entertainment!
- You speak fluent French and/or English.
- Salary range depending on experience and position.
- Some words about you
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D turn-based RPG with a fantasy & ‘Belle Époque’ art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5 and is recipient of an Epic MegaGrant.
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.