Props Artist Intern
Type of Job
About the job
As Props Artist intern, you will work in the 3D Environment team to create assets for various biomes of the game. We are looking for someone who combines great artistic sense with a good technical approach, to achieve visual excellence inside Unreal Engine along with the team. You will work on environments mixing fantasy and reality, in a realistic style.
- Model and texture 3D objects in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines, together with the Environment Artist and Lead Artist
- Create hard surface and organic prop models
- Help on the setdressing of specific environments
- Participate to the team brainstorms to build original props, your ideas are welcome!
-You can model various assets in 3D with Blender or a similar tool.
- You are able to optimize them (modeling / retopology / texturing with Substance Painter / shading) to be used inside UE5.
- You have a passion for environment creation and can make a given artistic vision come to life in a game engine.
- You have an eye for details and want your environments to be believable.
- You've already used the level creation tools of Unreal Engine (foliage, landscape...).
- You love playing games (if you like games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Persona that's even better).
Experience in previous video games projects is appreciated but not mandatory. A nice portfolio can make up for it.
- 6 months paid internship, beginning Summer 2023.
- You need to be able to communicate in English, speaking French is a plus.
- You're willing to work in Montpellier, France. Sandfall offices are located near the city center, in a superb town house with garden, allowing to take advantage of the warm weather.
Sandfall Interactive is a game development studio based in France, in the sunny city of Montpellier. We are focusing on premium games for PC and new gen consoles, and we are looking for talented collaborators and passionate gamers to continue this journey with us.
We are working on Project W, a 3D turn-based RPG with a fantasy & ‘Belle Époque’ art style. The game is running on Unreal Engine 5 and is recipient of an Epic MegaGrant.
We want to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and encourage applications from people with marginalized backgrounds.